Chinese former vice governor in anti-graft probe
Beijing: Chinese authorities are investigating a former vice governor, making him the latest senior provincial official to be ensnared in a crackdown on corruption that the new leadership hopes will show its determination to root out widespread graft.
The Ministry of Supervision said on its website that Guo Yongxiang was suspected of unspecified "serious disciplinary violations," a vague term that usually refers to corruption.
Guo is chairman of Sichuan`s provincial arts and literary federation, but was formerly vice governor of the southwestern province.
China`s new leader Xi Jinping has made a crackdown on corruption and extravagant, wasteful work styles a key feature of his first half-year in power.
But observers noted Guo`s long association with former security chief Zhou Yongkang, saying the probe could be part of a factional struggle.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory