Chinese give `Year of the Snake` a colourful welcome
Beijing: US President Barack Obama on Saturday greeted Chinese people on the eve of their Lunar New Year.
According to a statement from the White House, Obama and First Lady Michelle sent their "warmest wishes to all those who will be celebrating the Lunar New Year this Sunday, February 10th."
Obama said that in Chinese tradition, the snake represents wisdom, and a thoughtful approach to "tackling the challenges before us."
"Our challenges may be great, but our diversity and the traditions that thrive here give us the strength to meet them," said Obama.
"To everyone celebrating the Lunar New Year, I wish you peace, prosperity and good health and fortune," he was quoted as saying by the Chinese official media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill