Chinese grandma shields kid from landslide, dies
Beijing: Chinese state media say a grandmother has died while shielding her 15-month-old granddaughter from being crushed by a landslide that toppled their house around them.
State broadcaster CCTV played footage today of rescuers in southwestern China`s Sichuan province retrieving the child from the rubble of her home after being trapped for seven hours.
Rescuers described how the child`s grandmother, Pan Guofen, apparently used her body to protect the child against a large concrete slab, forming an arch by kneeling on all fours, her hands clenched into fists.
The child was safely ensconced under the arch but her grandmother`s head was crushed by a brick and did not survive. Torrential rain has triggered floods and landslides in Sichuan in recent days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog