Chinese hotels asked to avail condoms to cap HIV
Beijing: China on Wednesday ordered the country`s
hotels and other public places to make available condoms or
condom vending machines by 2015 to check growing number
The State Council, or cabinet, in its AIDS Action Plan
for the next five years urged comprehensive intervention to
prevent HIV/AIDS infection through sex, as it has become the
most common transmission channel in the country, state media
The action plan states the ratio for condom use should
rise to 90 per cent for those who are "highly vulnerable to
The number of intravenous drug users who share needles
should decrease by 15 per cent by 2015, it said.
The action plan states that condoms or condom vending
machines should be available in 95 per cent of the country`s
The plan asks governments at all levels to designate
public places where condoms or condom vending machines can be
made available, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
China has about 7.80 lakh people living with HIV/AIDS,
including 1.54 lakh AIDS patients.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- This gene puts you at increased kidney disease risk
- 7th Pay Commission: Here's why the latest bonanza won't amuse govt staffers much
- World Bank chief meets PM Modi, promises support to sustainable development
- World Cup winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari wants to succeed Roy Hodgson as new England manager
- Another jolt to BSP, senior party leader RK Chaudhary also accuses Mayawati of auctioning election ticket