Chinese jet successfully lands on aircraft carrier
Beijing: China has successfully conducted the landing of a fighter jet on its first aircraft carrier, the Liaoning, naval sources said.
A new J-15 fighter jet was used as part of the landing exercise, reported Xinhua.
After its delivery to the People`s Liberation Army (PLA) Navy Sep 25, the aircraft carrier has undergone a series of sailing and technological tests, including the flight of the carrier-borne J-15.
Capabilities of the carrier platform and the J-15 have been tested, meeting all requirements and achieving good compatibility, the PLA Navy said.
Since the carrier entered service, the crew has completed more than 100 training and test programmes.
The successful flight landing also marked the debut of the J-15 as China`s first generation multi-purpose carrier-borne fighter jet, the PLA Navy said.
Designed by and made in China, the J-15 is able to carry multi-type anti-ship, air-to-air and air-to-ground missiles, as well as precision-guided bombs.
The J-15 has comprehensive capabilities comparable to those of the Russian Su-33 jet and the US F-18, military experts estimate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- AAP will win 35 of Goa's 40 seats in Assembly polls: Arvind Kejriwal
- Rio Olympics 2016: World No.1 golfer Jason Day withdraws over Zika virus fears
- Banks asset quality stress needs to be dealt first: RBI Governor
- Congress accuses TMC government of taking soft stand on BJP
- J&K convoy ambushes: 15 troops killed in last one year