Chinese lawmaker expelled for "disciplinary violations"
Beijing: A member of the national legislature of China has been expelled
for "serious disciplinary violations", a government body said on Saturday.
Zhou Wenbin was elected from Jiangxi province, Xinhua reported.
Zhou was deprived of his seat in the 12th National People`s Congress on May 29 by the Standing Committee of the Jiangxi Provincial People`s Congress,
The Standing Committee of the NPC confirmed the decision of the provincial congress.
The Jiangxi provincial government also dismissed Zhou from his post of president of Nanchang University on June 18.
The decisions followed an investigation for Zhou`s alleged "serious disciplinary violations", the report said.
Born in 1960, Zhou had served as president of the university since 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net