Chinese lawmaker expelled for "disciplinary violations"
Beijing: A member of the national legislature of China has been expelled
for "serious disciplinary violations", a government body said on Saturday.
Zhou Wenbin was elected from Jiangxi province, Xinhua reported.
Zhou was deprived of his seat in the 12th National People`s Congress on May 29 by the Standing Committee of the Jiangxi Provincial People`s Congress,
The Standing Committee of the NPC confirmed the decision of the provincial congress.
The Jiangxi provincial government also dismissed Zhou from his post of president of Nanchang University on June 18.
The decisions followed an investigation for Zhou`s alleged "serious disciplinary violations", the report said.
Born in 1960, Zhou had served as president of the university since 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway