Chinese lawmaker expelled for "disciplinary violations"
Beijing: A member of the national legislature of China has been expelled
for "serious disciplinary violations", a government body said on Saturday.
Zhou Wenbin was elected from Jiangxi province, Xinhua reported.
Zhou was deprived of his seat in the 12th National People`s Congress on May 29 by the Standing Committee of the Jiangxi Provincial People`s Congress,
The Standing Committee of the NPC confirmed the decision of the provincial congress.
The Jiangxi provincial government also dismissed Zhou from his post of president of Nanchang University on June 18.
The decisions followed an investigation for Zhou`s alleged "serious disciplinary violations", the report said.
Born in 1960, Zhou had served as president of the university since 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’