Chinese lawmaker expelled for "disciplinary violations"
Beijing: A member of the national legislature of China has been expelled
for "serious disciplinary violations", a government body said on Saturday.
Zhou Wenbin was elected from Jiangxi province, Xinhua reported.
Zhou was deprived of his seat in the 12th National People`s Congress on May 29 by the Standing Committee of the Jiangxi Provincial People`s Congress,
The Standing Committee of the NPC confirmed the decision of the provincial congress.
The Jiangxi provincial government also dismissed Zhou from his post of president of Nanchang University on June 18.
The decisions followed an investigation for Zhou`s alleged "serious disciplinary violations", the report said.
Born in 1960, Zhou had served as president of the university since 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder