Chinese lawmaker in ``honey trap`` sex scandal probed
Beijing: A Chinese legislator at the centre of a honey trap sex scandal in the country` Chongqing City is being investigated by China`s top party disciplinary watchdog.
The probe comes amid allegations that Tan Qiwei, former deputy chairman of the standing committee of Chongqing People`s Congress, took bribes while heading a mass relocation programme during the Three Gorges Dam project, the Shanghai Daily reported Monday.
The Communist Party of China`s Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (CCDI) announced the investigation against Tan over the weekend.
Though no details of the probe have been provided, an unnamed Chongqing government official claimed Tan took bribes while relocating 1.2 million people during the building of the Three Gorges Dam spanning the Yangtze River.
Tan was allegedly blackmailed by Xiao Ye, a local businessman, in the honey trap episode that shocked many in China during 2012.
Xiao was sentenced to jail for 10 years last June for recruiting young women to lure officials into compromising situations and secretly recording them. The sex footage was used to blackmail officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?