Chinese leader seeks closer ties with Bangladesh
Dhaka: Li Changchun, a senior leader of the Communist Party of China (CPC), called here Sunday for closer ties between the CPC and Bangladeshi political parties.
Li, member of the standing committee of the political bureau of the CPC central committee, made the call during a meeting with Khaleda Zia, chairwoman of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP), reported Xinhua.
The CPC has established friendly cooperative relations with major Bangladeshi political parties, including the BNP, which has laid a solid political foundation for the development of China-Bangladesh relations, said Li.
The CPC is ready to further boost friendly contacts with the BNP, maintain frequent high-level exchange of visits and strengthen contacts between young party leaders in an effort to further promote the development of inter-party ties as well as bilateral relations between the two countries, he said.
Khaleda Zia, for her part, expressed satisfaction with the friendly exchanges and cooperative relations between the two political parties.
She said that her party is looking forward to further deepening the relations between the two parties.
Khaleda Zia also wished the upcoming 18th CPC National Congress a great success.
At the invitation of Bangladesh`s ruling Awami League party, Li arrived in Dhaka Saturday afternoon. Bangladesh is the final leg of Li`s three-nation visit to South Asia which already took him to Pakistan and the Maldives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das