Chinese legislator detained for organised sex trade
Beijing: A Chinese legislator has been detained for his suspected involvement in organised prostitution in southern Dongguan City, police said.
Liang Yaohui, a deputy to the National People`s Congress (NPC), was expected to be removed from his post as the Provincial Council of Guangdong recommended action against him for "serious violation of laws".
Prostitution is illegal in China and is under tight suppression by authorities. However, it has been a booming industry in many cities, state-run Xinhua news agency said.
Liang is an owner of a five-star hotel in south China`s Dongguan City, which was involved in sex trade during a previous national crackdown on prostitution, Xinhua reported.
In February, Liang`s hotel, the Crown Prince Hotel, was exposed to have been involved in underground sex trade together with other hotels and entertainment venues in Dongguan by the state media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand