Chinese legislator detained for organised sex trade
Beijing: A Chinese legislator has been detained for his suspected involvement in organised prostitution in southern Dongguan City, police said.
Liang Yaohui, a deputy to the National People`s Congress (NPC), was expected to be removed from his post as the Provincial Council of Guangdong recommended action against him for "serious violation of laws".
Prostitution is illegal in China and is under tight suppression by authorities. However, it has been a booming industry in many cities, state-run Xinhua news agency said.
Liang is an owner of a five-star hotel in south China`s Dongguan City, which was involved in sex trade during a previous national crackdown on prostitution, Xinhua reported.
In February, Liang`s hotel, the Crown Prince Hotel, was exposed to have been involved in underground sex trade together with other hotels and entertainment venues in Dongguan by the state media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH