Chinese maker of US Olympic uniforms hits back
Beijing: Li Guilian, whose USD 300 million Dayang Trands firm manufactured the US Olympic team’s Ralph Lauren blazers and slacks, has questioned if America can really make the suits it makes.
"I have a simple question," New York Daily News quoted Li as asking, adding: "Can America really make the suits we make? We have cheaper costs here, so you can have cheaper prices in America."
Li said that American officials should “pay attention to the performances of the US athletes and not their clothes.”
"Don`t you think we deserve credit?" she asked. "We`ve made so many customers happy over the years."
Li’s firm makes five million suits a year for companies ranging from Banana Republic to DKNY. She has also profited politically from her enterprise and is now a member of an elite group of 3,000 within the National People’s Congress. The entrepreneur’s comments touch on a contentious issue within American economic policy over how much manufacturing should be sent abroad. Currently, just about half of all American clothing is made in China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday