Chinese man accused of making terror handbook
Beijing: A 21-year-old Chinese man has been accused of preparing a handbook for terrorists that contained chapters on making explosives and then posting it on the Internet.
The man, surnamed Feng, appeared in court on Saturday. He was allegedly responsible for making the book called "Handbook for Terrorists".
Prosecutors stated that the 20-page document had information on at least 10 types of bombs or explosives and the 10 chapters also contained details on how to actually make explosives, China Daily on Monday cited Beijing Youth Daily as reporting.
Feng posed questions like "Which type of explosive is most effective for use in Iraq?" at the end of each chapter.
He also advised: "To be well acquainted with the chemical properties of the explosives is to better serve terrorism". The book also contained expressions like "Osama bin Laden, the defender of terrorism, once said...."
The handbook was viewed about 2,000 times. It was downloaded 116 times after it was put up on an online site in November 2009 and in April this year. The handbook was not deleted till May 20.
Feng said in Chaoyang district court that he had not created the handbook, instead it had things that he downloaded from the Internet. He said he put them together and named the collection "Handbook for Terrorists" only to get more attention.
He said it was supposed to be fun.
Feng stressed that he should not be held responsible if someone used the information in the book to commit a crime as he was only giving basic knowledge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi