Chinese man executed for murdering parents
Beijing: China today executed a man who clubbed his parents to death to claim insurance compensation.
Shen Xueyong beat his parents to death with a club at their farm in northwest Gansu Province on March 25, 2013, a statement from the provincial High People`s Court stated.
He threw their bodies into a ditch to create an accident scene, as he wanted to obtain compensation through personal accident insurance fraud, the statement said.
Shen was given a death sentence in the first instance trial for committing the crime of intentional homicide. He appealed to a higher court, but the verdict was upheld.
The execution was approved by the Supreme People`s Court, and Shen was executed in the city of Zhangye in accordance with the law, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof