Chinese man executed for murdering parents
Beijing: China today executed a man who clubbed his parents to death to claim insurance compensation.
Shen Xueyong beat his parents to death with a club at their farm in northwest Gansu Province on March 25, 2013, a statement from the provincial High People`s Court stated.
He threw their bodies into a ditch to create an accident scene, as he wanted to obtain compensation through personal accident insurance fraud, the statement said.
Shen was given a death sentence in the first instance trial for committing the crime of intentional homicide. He appealed to a higher court, but the verdict was upheld.
The execution was approved by the Supreme People`s Court, and Shen was executed in the city of Zhangye in accordance with the law, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen