Chinese man executed for murdering parents
Beijing: China today executed a man who clubbed his parents to death to claim insurance compensation.
Shen Xueyong beat his parents to death with a club at their farm in northwest Gansu Province on March 25, 2013, a statement from the provincial High People`s Court stated.
He threw their bodies into a ditch to create an accident scene, as he wanted to obtain compensation through personal accident insurance fraud, the statement said.
Shen was given a death sentence in the first instance trial for committing the crime of intentional homicide. He appealed to a higher court, but the verdict was upheld.
The execution was approved by the Supreme People`s Court, and Shen was executed in the city of Zhangye in accordance with the law, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
- Aam Aadmi Party appoints Naveen Jaihind as Haryana convener
- IAF choppers dump water to douse forest fires; Centre sends probe team to Uttarakhand
- ISIS publishes 'hitlist' of 70 US military personnel
- Over 81 percent polling in Bengal assembly polls phase five
- AIADMK government implemented several worker welfare schemes: Jayalalithaa