Chinese man executed for school stabbing: Report
Beijing: A Chinese man was executed on Sunday morning for stabbing 29 children and three teachers in eastern China, the official Xinhua news agency said.
A string of attacks at Chinese schools has killed a total of 27 people and injured more than 80 since March, prompting calls for better protection of students and worries about the social malaise that some see underneath China`s rapid economic growth.
Xu Yuyuan, 47, a local copyshop owner, was sentenced to death on April 15 for intentional homicide, after attacking a kindergarten in Taixing city in eastern Jiangsu province last month. Nobody died in Xu`s attack but four of the victims were severely injured.
Chinese media have downplayed the school attacks, with Xu`s execution reported in Xinhua`s English service but not its Chinese service.
"Xu admitted his motive was to vent rage against society after losing money in gambling and business, while suffering other setbacks in his personal life," Xinhua said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch