Chinese man executed for school stabbing: Report
Beijing: A Chinese man was executed on Sunday morning for stabbing 29 children and three teachers in eastern China, the official Xinhua news agency said.
A string of attacks at Chinese schools has killed a total of 27 people and injured more than 80 since March, prompting calls for better protection of students and worries about the social malaise that some see underneath China`s rapid economic growth.
Xu Yuyuan, 47, a local copyshop owner, was sentenced to death on April 15 for intentional homicide, after attacking a kindergarten in Taixing city in eastern Jiangsu province last month. Nobody died in Xu`s attack but four of the victims were severely injured.
Chinese media have downplayed the school attacks, with Xu`s execution reported in Xinhua`s English service but not its Chinese service.
"Xu admitted his motive was to vent rage against society after losing money in gambling and business, while suffering other setbacks in his personal life," Xinhua said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY