Chinese man executed for school stabbing: Report
Beijing: A Chinese man was executed on Sunday morning for stabbing 29 children and three teachers in eastern China, the official Xinhua news agency said.
A string of attacks at Chinese schools has killed a total of 27 people and injured more than 80 since March, prompting calls for better protection of students and worries about the social malaise that some see underneath China`s rapid economic growth.
Xu Yuyuan, 47, a local copyshop owner, was sentenced to death on April 15 for intentional homicide, after attacking a kindergarten in Taixing city in eastern Jiangsu province last month. Nobody died in Xu`s attack but four of the victims were severely injured.
Chinese media have downplayed the school attacks, with Xu`s execution reported in Xinhua`s English service but not its Chinese service.
"Xu admitted his motive was to vent rage against society after losing money in gambling and business, while suffering other setbacks in his personal life," Xinhua said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets