Chinese man faces trial for injuring 23 students
Beijing: A Chinese man who injured 23 school students and an elderly woman in a knife attack in central China last December has been charged with intentional homicide and endangering public security.
Min Yongjun, 37, was prosecuted yesterday for the crimes of intentional homicide and endangering public security by dangerous means at the Xinyang City Intermediate People`s Court in Henan Province, the city`s procuratorate said in a statement today.
On December 14, Min is suspected to have stabbed an elderly woman in the village of Chenpeng, then broke into the village`s elementary school, where he wounded 23 students. He was nabbed on the same day by teachers, villagers and police, and the procuratorate approved his arrest on December 16, said the statement.
In January, results of an appraisal by the Wuhan Psychiatric Hospital in Hubei Province confirmed Min had a mental disorder.
The statement, however, did not mention the date for the court hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA