Chinese man faces trial for injuring 23 students
Beijing: A Chinese man who injured 23 school students and an elderly woman in a knife attack in central China last December has been charged with intentional homicide and endangering public security.
Min Yongjun, 37, was prosecuted yesterday for the crimes of intentional homicide and endangering public security by dangerous means at the Xinyang City Intermediate People`s Court in Henan Province, the city`s procuratorate said in a statement today.
On December 14, Min is suspected to have stabbed an elderly woman in the village of Chenpeng, then broke into the village`s elementary school, where he wounded 23 students. He was nabbed on the same day by teachers, villagers and police, and the procuratorate approved his arrest on December 16, said the statement.
In January, results of an appraisal by the Wuhan Psychiatric Hospital in Hubei Province confirmed Min had a mental disorder.
The statement, however, did not mention the date for the court hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list