Chinese man held for castrating three men at hospital
Beijing: A Chinese man has been arrested for allegedly castrating three patients with a razor at a nursing home in China`s northeast province.
In the latest case of nursing home abuse, the man stated to be the worker of a hospital in Qinggang County of Heilongjiang province tied up the three inpatients and removed their private parts with the razor, doctors and victims told state-run Xinhua news agency.
Two victims, 53-year-old and 80-year-old, lost one testicle each and another 60-year-old lost both.
Two of them were bedridden at the institution, while the third is mentally challenged.
The victims identified the perpetrator as a worker at the nursing home, while a staff member at the home said the man, in his 30s, was housed there for his mental illness.
The identity and motive of the suspect has not been revealed, police said.
Many Chinese nursing homes are troubled by insufficient beds, funding and poor management.
China has strengthened security at top hospitals following numerous attacks on doctors and staff members by the irate relatives of patients dissatisfied with the treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?