Chinese man jailed for raping, killing woman 15 yrs ago
Beijing: A Chinese man has been sentenced to life in prison for raping and killing a woman 15 years ago.
The now 44-year-old convict, Liu Jiasuo, raped the woman in a forest near a railway station in Anhui province, the Shanghai Daily reported.
He was found guilty based on DNA evidence.
The convict followed the woman on the midnight of July 13, 1998. He tried to strike up a conversation but was ignored by the woman, a Shanghai court heard.
Prosecutors said that during the sexual assault, Liu covered the woman`s nose with mud. Later, he put a brick on the woman`s nose and left.
The woman died of suffocation. Her body was found the next morning.
Police found the man`s semen and hair, but failed to find the perpetrator at the time. The samples were sent for DNA tests, and the results entered into the Shanghai Police database.
In April 2012, Liu was sentenced to an administrative penalty for assault. Police collected his DNA sample, which matched the samples from the 1998 murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach