Chinese man jailed for raping, killing woman 15 yrs ago
Beijing: A Chinese man has been sentenced to life in prison for raping and killing a woman 15 years ago.
The now 44-year-old convict, Liu Jiasuo, raped the woman in a forest near a railway station in Anhui province, the Shanghai Daily reported.
He was found guilty based on DNA evidence.
The convict followed the woman on the midnight of July 13, 1998. He tried to strike up a conversation but was ignored by the woman, a Shanghai court heard.
Prosecutors said that during the sexual assault, Liu covered the woman`s nose with mud. Later, he put a brick on the woman`s nose and left.
The woman died of suffocation. Her body was found the next morning.
Police found the man`s semen and hair, but failed to find the perpetrator at the time. The samples were sent for DNA tests, and the results entered into the Shanghai Police database.
In April 2012, Liu was sentenced to an administrative penalty for assault. Police collected his DNA sample, which matched the samples from the 1998 murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player