Chinese man jailed for raping, killing woman 15 yrs ago
Beijing: A Chinese man has been sentenced to life in prison for raping and killing a woman 15 years ago.
The now 44-year-old convict, Liu Jiasuo, raped the woman in a forest near a railway station in Anhui province, the Shanghai Daily reported.
He was found guilty based on DNA evidence.
The convict followed the woman on the midnight of July 13, 1998. He tried to strike up a conversation but was ignored by the woman, a Shanghai court heard.
Prosecutors said that during the sexual assault, Liu covered the woman`s nose with mud. Later, he put a brick on the woman`s nose and left.
The woman died of suffocation. Her body was found the next morning.
Police found the man`s semen and hair, but failed to find the perpetrator at the time. The samples were sent for DNA tests, and the results entered into the Shanghai Police database.
In April 2012, Liu was sentenced to an administrative penalty for assault. Police collected his DNA sample, which matched the samples from the 1998 murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS