Chinese man sentenced to death for raping 16 minor girls
Beijing: A man who raped 16 minor girls has been sentenced to death in east China, a case that triggered widespread public outrage in the country.
The Intermediate People`s Court of Wuhu City in Anhui province sentenced Wang Yong (40) to death and deprived him of his political rights for life, the state media reported today.
The court also sentenced his accomplice, also a minor girl, to three years` imprisonment earlier in March, Xinhua news agency reported.
He was arrested in last September on the charges of raping several school girls, aged from 12 to 16, starting from 2009.
Unemployed Wang posed as a female on social networks to befriend schoolgirls, and coerced them to meet him.
His victims were taken to hotels, where he raped them.
Meanwhile, the defendant instigated a 16-year-old girl, who claimed to be coerced by Wang, to seek younger victims for him.
After winning their trust, this girl brought them to the hotels.
According to the court, Wang raped 16 minor girls 22 times, forcing them into the acts through threatening language and violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral