Chinese man steals after being refused sex
Shanghai: A married man in China is facing trial for stealing an iPhone, a camera and cash from the woman he loved but as she refused to have sex with him, saying he was overweight.
The insult turned him furious and he stole her belongings. He had invited her to Shanghai. Now the man is being tried for the theft, Shanghai Daily reported quoting prosecutors.
The 24-year-old surnamed Meng had met the 21-year-old woman through Internet last year and offered to pay for her stay if she agreed to come to Shanghai.
Meng told prosecutors he borrowed a car, picked up the woman at the Pudong International Airport and took her to a local hotel when she arrived in September. But the woman turned unhappy after meeting Meng, reproaching him for sending her photos of another man instead of himself.
After accusing Meng of cheating her and asking him to leave the room, she went to bed to sleep, prosecutors were told. "I was irritated because she insulted me, saying I was as fat as a pig," he said.
He took an iPhone, a digital camera and nearly 5,000 yuan ($800) in cash from the woman`s bag, prosecutors said.
But he was arrested after the woman reported the stolen items to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP