Chinese man steals after being refused sex
Shanghai: A married man in China is facing trial for stealing an iPhone, a camera and cash from the woman he loved but as she refused to have sex with him, saying he was overweight.
The insult turned him furious and he stole her belongings. He had invited her to Shanghai. Now the man is being tried for the theft, Shanghai Daily reported quoting prosecutors.
The 24-year-old surnamed Meng had met the 21-year-old woman through Internet last year and offered to pay for her stay if she agreed to come to Shanghai.
Meng told prosecutors he borrowed a car, picked up the woman at the Pudong International Airport and took her to a local hotel when she arrived in September. But the woman turned unhappy after meeting Meng, reproaching him for sending her photos of another man instead of himself.
After accusing Meng of cheating her and asking him to leave the room, she went to bed to sleep, prosecutors were told. "I was irritated because she insulted me, saying I was as fat as a pig," he said.
He took an iPhone, a digital camera and nearly 5,000 yuan ($800) in cash from the woman`s bag, prosecutors said.
But he was arrested after the woman reported the stolen items to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon