Chinese man whips his son to death for bad behaviour
Beijing: A Chinese man has been arrested for allegedly whipping his six-year-old son to death after the boy`s teachers complained that he was extorting money from classmates.
The father, Zheng Junpeng, a native of Shaanxi Province, said teachers kept reporting to him that his son, identified as Jiahao, often beat his classmates to extort for money after he entered the school in September, Longgang District police was quoted by Shanghai Daily as saying.
Zheng said he whipped his son for about half an hour when his wife was away at work that day. Then he put the boy to sleep at 11pm. He didn`t notice anything abnormal until 2am when he found the body of Jiahao was turning cold. He turned on the light and saw the boy`s blood seeped through his clothes.
Despite emergency treatment, the boy was pronounced dead at the hospital. Zheng was sorrowful and regretted his action.
The father had tried to discipline his son in the past, but to no avail and his patience wore out when a teacher complained again last Friday.
"The child is gone. It`s meaningless to say anything," he was quoted by the daily as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof