Chinese merchant killed in Russia during robbery
Beijing: A Chinese merchant has been killed and another injured during a robbery in Yekaterinburg city, prompting China to demand effective measures to protect its nationals in Russia.
Three unidentified attackers broke into a rented flat and tied and beat up three Chinese merchants on Saturday in the Russian city, the Chinese Consulate General in that city said.
One person was killed and the injured was later sent to a hospital for treatment, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
The perpetrators fled the scene with undefined amount of cash, mobile phones and jewellery, the Consulate General said.
The incident prompted the Chinese Consulate General to urge the Russian side to crack the case as soon as possible.
Reacting to the incident, China today Russia to take effective measures to protect the safety of its nationals.
Hua Chunying, spokesperson from the consulate, said it is an individual case and the consulate has sent consular officers to the site immediately to assist the victims.
The consulate has sent safety alerts to Chinese nationals and informed them to ramp up safety preparedness, she said.
The consulate will follow the development of the case and offer assistance in handling the aftermath, Hua said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata