Chinese military base in South China Sea
Beijing: China will deploy a military garrison at its newly established administrative base in Sansha city in South China Sea, a media report said Monday.
China`s Central Military Commission authorised the People`s Liberation Army to set up the base at Sansha on Yongxing Island in the Paracels, the Global Times reported.
Forty-five deputies to the municipal people`s congress Monday attended a legislative conference on Yongxing island, the government seat of Sansha.
The conference was expected to elect the city`s mayor. The deputies, from Xisha, Nansha and Zhongsha islands, were elected Saturday by 1,100 residents of the islands.
The Chinese cabinet in June had approved the setting up of the administrative base to administer the islands and their surrounding waters in South China Sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Obesity, smoking may up poor life quality in lung disease patients
- Amitabh Bachchan calls for educating Aanganwadis about Hepatitis
- Irresistibly handsome as always – Check out Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in brand new ‘Mohenjo Daro’ poster
- Dia Mirza directs film on tigers, nature conservation
- G2A Direct gaming platform launching in India today