Chinese military establishes new artillery school
Beijing: The Chinese People`s Liberation Army (PLA) has established a new artillery school to impart modern warfare techniques to its personnel, the state media reported on Monday.
The new military school, the Nanjing Artillery Academy, merges a PLA artillery command academy in Hebei province with another artillery school in Nanjing, capital of east China`s Jiangsu province.
Both schools have trained more than 120,000 officers for the PLA`s artillery and air defence forces, the official news agency reported.
The new artillery academy will focus on training courses for both enlisted personnel and officers, and training on anti-tank missiles will also be introduced, said Major General Zhang Shude, superintendent of the academy.
The headquarters of the PLA`s Nanjing Artillery Academy is located at former site of the Kuomintang`s army artillery school, which was one of the most important military schools in China before 1949.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!