Chinese military establishes new artillery school
Beijing: The Chinese People`s Liberation Army (PLA) has established a new artillery school to impart modern warfare techniques to its personnel, the state media reported on Monday.
The new military school, the Nanjing Artillery Academy, merges a PLA artillery command academy in Hebei province with another artillery school in Nanjing, capital of east China`s Jiangsu province.
Both schools have trained more than 120,000 officers for the PLA`s artillery and air defence forces, the official news agency reported.
The new artillery academy will focus on training courses for both enlisted personnel and officers, and training on anti-tank missiles will also be introduced, said Major General Zhang Shude, superintendent of the academy.
The headquarters of the PLA`s Nanjing Artillery Academy is located at former site of the Kuomintang`s army artillery school, which was one of the most important military schools in China before 1949.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok