Chinese military helicopter launches air-to-air missile
Beijing: China`s indigenous modern military attack helicopter WZ-10 has launched its first air-to-air missile and successfully intercepted low-altitude targets.
The WZ-10 carried out the launch during a drill conducted by the People`s Liberation Army in Guangdong province last week, Xinhua reported.
The drill involved six operations, including providing covering fire, special assaults and movement by leapfrogging.
The WZ-10 is designed primarily for anti-tank missions and was first seen in public at the 9th China International Aviation and Aerospace Exhibition in Zhuhai city in Guangdong in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional