Chinese minister rejects hacking accusations by US
Washington: China has dismissed claims that its military was behind massive hacking attacks on US and other foreign targets.
China`s Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi described the claims as a politically motivated smear campaign, and called for more international cooperation in policing the Internet.
The claims were made in a widely endorsed report last month by US cybersecurity firm Mandiant, which traced hacking attacks to a Chinese military unit based in Shanghai.
According to Huffington Post, Jiechi said that ‘anyone who tries to fabricate or piece together a sensational story to serve their political motive will not be able to blacken the name of others or whitewash themselves.’
He said that China hopes ‘the relevant parties will stop irresponsible attacks or accusations.’
The minister also stressed that as a major target for hacking attacks, China supports international regulations under the United Nations to keep the Internet peaceful, free and secure.
Mandiant`s report said that Chinese military-backed cyberspies infiltrated overseas networks and stole massive amounts of data from U.S. companies and other entities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden