Chinese Navy begins combat drill
Beijing: The Chinese navy has started a combat drill in the west Pacific Ocean, the official PLA Daily reported Saturday.
The exercise, which began Friday and will last until the beginning of November, is expected to improve high sea combat abilities and hone strategies for utilising information technologies, Xinhua reported.
Three fleets of China`s People`s Liberation Army (PLA) Navy -- North China Sea Fleet, East China Sea Fleet and South China Sea Fleet -- will join the drill.
It will drive training for the armed forces of China`s fleets, submarines, planes and shore missiles.
The PLA Navy said the drill is in line with international laws and practices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why