Chinese Navy begins combat drill
Beijing: The Chinese navy has started a combat drill in the west Pacific Ocean, the official PLA Daily reported Saturday.
The exercise, which began Friday and will last until the beginning of November, is expected to improve high sea combat abilities and hone strategies for utilising information technologies, Xinhua reported.
Three fleets of China`s People`s Liberation Army (PLA) Navy -- North China Sea Fleet, East China Sea Fleet and South China Sea Fleet -- will join the drill.
It will drive training for the armed forces of China`s fleets, submarines, planes and shore missiles.
The PLA Navy said the drill is in line with international laws and practices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH