Chinese Navy gets new stealth frigate
Beijing: The Chinese navy has inducted a new generation of stealth frigate, a media report said.
China`s first Type 056 stealth frigate was delivered to the Chinese People`s Liberation Army Navy (PLA Navy) in Shanghai Monday, Xinhua reported.
The new generation of frigate, which is about to be put into service on a large scale, features good stealth performance and electromagnetic compatibility, according to a report released Tuesday by the official PLA Daily.
The new frigate requires only one-third of the crew needed by its predecessor, the Type 053, and is expected to be deployed primarily for escort missions and anti-submarine operations, said the report.
The article said the delivery marked the beginning of a systematic upgrade of the navy`s equipment and defense.
The new type will enhance the navy`s capabilities in safeguarding national security, territorial integrity, marine sovereignty and marine interests, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US Open: Novak Djokovic faces race against time for Flushing Meadows defense
- Italy mourns quake dead as hope for survivors wanes
- ‘Bigg Boss 10’ promo: Will Salman Khan be seen in it? Scoop inside
- Katrina Kaif opens up about her break-up with Ranbir Kapoor! Deets inside
- UN ready to help Colombia peace deal