Chinese Navy gets new stealth frigate
Beijing: The Chinese navy has inducted a new generation of stealth frigate, a media report said.
China`s first Type 056 stealth frigate was delivered to the Chinese People`s Liberation Army Navy (PLA Navy) in Shanghai Monday, Xinhua reported.
The new generation of frigate, which is about to be put into service on a large scale, features good stealth performance and electromagnetic compatibility, according to a report released Tuesday by the official PLA Daily.
The new frigate requires only one-third of the crew needed by its predecessor, the Type 053, and is expected to be deployed primarily for escort missions and anti-submarine operations, said the report.
The article said the delivery marked the beginning of a systematic upgrade of the navy`s equipment and defense.
The new type will enhance the navy`s capabilities in safeguarding national security, territorial integrity, marine sovereignty and marine interests, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble