Chinese Navy gets new stealth frigate
Beijing: The Chinese navy has inducted a new generation of stealth frigate, a media report said.
China`s first Type 056 stealth frigate was delivered to the Chinese People`s Liberation Army Navy (PLA Navy) in Shanghai Monday, Xinhua reported.
The new generation of frigate, which is about to be put into service on a large scale, features good stealth performance and electromagnetic compatibility, according to a report released Tuesday by the official PLA Daily.
The new frigate requires only one-third of the crew needed by its predecessor, the Type 053, and is expected to be deployed primarily for escort missions and anti-submarine operations, said the report.
The article said the delivery marked the beginning of a systematic upgrade of the navy`s equipment and defense.
The new type will enhance the navy`s capabilities in safeguarding national security, territorial integrity, marine sovereignty and marine interests, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- SHOCKING! Man beaten to death in Delhi for golgappas - Watch
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation