Chinese Navy gets new stealth frigate
Beijing: The Chinese navy has inducted a new generation of stealth frigate, a media report said.
China`s first Type 056 stealth frigate was delivered to the Chinese People`s Liberation Army Navy (PLA Navy) in Shanghai Monday, Xinhua reported.
The new generation of frigate, which is about to be put into service on a large scale, features good stealth performance and electromagnetic compatibility, according to a report released Tuesday by the official PLA Daily.
The new frigate requires only one-third of the crew needed by its predecessor, the Type 053, and is expected to be deployed primarily for escort missions and anti-submarine operations, said the report.
The article said the delivery marked the beginning of a systematic upgrade of the navy`s equipment and defense.
The new type will enhance the navy`s capabilities in safeguarding national security, territorial integrity, marine sovereignty and marine interests, it added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani