Chinese Navy ships pass through int`l waters near Okinawa
Tokyo: A destroyer and a frigate of the Chinese Navy passed through international waters between the southwestern Japanese islands of Okinawa and Miyako toward the Pacific Ocean, the Defence Ministry has said.
It was the first time yesterday that Chinese military vessels were seen passing through the waters since April, when two submarines and eight other ships were observed, it said.
Japan`s Defence Ministry has been keeping close tabs on the Chinese Navy`s activities, especially long-distance voyages that have been increasingly aggressive in recent years.
The Chinese Navy was reportedly planning to conduct a large-scale exercise in the East China Sea from late June through early July. But it is not known whether the two ships observed yesterday have anything to do with the exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman