Chinese Navy ships pass through int`l waters near Okinawa
Tokyo: A destroyer and a frigate of the Chinese Navy passed through international waters between the southwestern Japanese islands of Okinawa and Miyako toward the Pacific Ocean, the Defence Ministry has said.
It was the first time yesterday that Chinese military vessels were seen passing through the waters since April, when two submarines and eight other ships were observed, it said.
Japan`s Defence Ministry has been keeping close tabs on the Chinese Navy`s activities, especially long-distance voyages that have been increasingly aggressive in recent years.
The Chinese Navy was reportedly planning to conduct a large-scale exercise in the East China Sea from late June through early July. But it is not known whether the two ships observed yesterday have anything to do with the exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!