Chinese official gifted $1.6 mn to mistress, faces probe
Beijing: A government official in China has been dismissed from service and is being investigated for corruption following a former TV host`s allegation that he gave her gifts worth over 10 million yuan (over $1.6 million) besides paying her 10,000 yuan (about $1,600) a day to be his mistress.
Ji Yingnan, 25, who worked for the China Travel and Economic Channel, claimed she had a four-year affair with Fan Yue, a former Deputy Director with State Archives Administration, the Shanghai Daily reported on Monday.
Ji said Fan gave her 10,000 yuan as daily pocket money and spent more than 10 million yuan on luxury gifts for her during their time together.
On her microblog, Fan wrote: "Fan dated me as a single man and we lived together and loved each other for four years."
"Fan proposed marriage to me on June 4, 2011, but now he turned out to be a married man! He dumped me with some compensation and threatened me."
Ji even published her photos with him in a shower and kissing each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress