Chinese official in sex tape scandal now jailed for bribery
Beijing: A Chinese official, sacked for involvement in a sex tape scandal, was today sentenced to 14 years in jail for bribery in southwest China.
Han Shuming, former head of Changshou District, was convicted of accepting bribes worth 4.4 million yuan (USD 724,680) in Chongqing Municipality, according to the ruling by the Chongqing No. 1 Intermediate People`s Court.
Han, 48, took advantage of his position and assisted with land leasing and construction contracts for two businessmen - surnamed Jiang and Li - in exchange for bribes between 2001 and 2013, according to a statement from the court.
Han`s accomplice, Feng Binghui, was sentenced to five years in jail for taking bribes worth 900,000 yuan in the deals with the businessmen, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Han was removed from his post and investigation starting in January 2013, when an extortion gang was arrested for blackmailing him with secretly recorded sex videos.
Over 20 government officials and executives of state- owned enterprises, including Han and former Communist Party chief of Chongqing`s Beibei District Lei Zhengfu, were involved in the scandal.
Lei was later jailed for 13 years, and the six members of the extortion gang received jail terms ranging from 18 months to ten years in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan