Chinese official involved in sex tape scandal goes on trial
Beijing: A former Chinese Communist Party official, who has been embroiled in a sex tape scandal, went on trial on Wednesday.
The Chongqing No 1 Intermediate People`s Court will hear the case of Lei Zhengfu, former secretary of Chongqing`s Beibei District Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC), state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Lei, who also stands accused of accepting bribes, had been dismissed from his post and placed under judicial investigation.
Lei, 55, appeared in a sex tape that was posted online last November. He was subsequently removed from his official post and detained by police on February 1.
In early May, he was also expelled from the CPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price