Chinese official involved in sex tape scandal goes on trial
Beijing: A former Chinese Communist Party official, who has been embroiled in a sex tape scandal, went on trial on Wednesday.
The Chongqing No 1 Intermediate People`s Court will hear the case of Lei Zhengfu, former secretary of Chongqing`s Beibei District Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC), state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Lei, who also stands accused of accepting bribes, had been dismissed from his post and placed under judicial investigation.
Lei, 55, appeared in a sex tape that was posted online last November. He was subsequently removed from his official post and detained by police on February 1.
In early May, he was also expelled from the CPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city