Chinese official involved in sex tape scandal goes on trial
Beijing: A former Chinese Communist Party official, who has been embroiled in a sex tape scandal, went on trial on Wednesday.
The Chongqing No 1 Intermediate People`s Court will hear the case of Lei Zhengfu, former secretary of Chongqing`s Beibei District Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC), state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Lei, who also stands accused of accepting bribes, had been dismissed from his post and placed under judicial investigation.
Lei, 55, appeared in a sex tape that was posted online last November. He was subsequently removed from his official post and detained by police on February 1.
In early May, he was also expelled from the CPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them