Chinese official involved in sex tape scandal goes on trial
Beijing: A former Chinese Communist Party official, who has been embroiled in a sex tape scandal, went on trial on Wednesday.
The Chongqing No 1 Intermediate People`s Court will hear the case of Lei Zhengfu, former secretary of Chongqing`s Beibei District Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC), state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Lei, who also stands accused of accepting bribes, had been dismissed from his post and placed under judicial investigation.
Lei, 55, appeared in a sex tape that was posted online last November. He was subsequently removed from his official post and detained by police on February 1.
In early May, he was also expelled from the CPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal