Chinese official sacked for hugging singer
Shanghai: A government official was sacked in China for hugging a singer during her performance that he went to see during office hours.
The incident took place on June 21 in Henan province where Wang Liuju was detained for five days for clambering on to the stage and hugging singer, Song Zuying.
Wang was sacked as he went to see the show during work hours, Shanghai Daily quoted Beijing News as reporting.
An official said that Wang`s behaviour had embarrassed everyone.
Song had initially planned to sing three songs, but she only sang two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- IIT-JEE Main rankings out; boys dominate list
- Oops! No changes in ticketing rules from July 1, says Railways
- Who said what on Anil Kumble's appointment as Team India's head coach
- 78 dead, 200 badly hurt in extreme weather in eastern China
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!