Chinese official sacked for hugging singer
Shanghai: A government official was sacked in China for hugging a singer during her performance that he went to see during office hours.
The incident took place on June 21 in Henan province where Wang Liuju was detained for five days for clambering on to the stage and hugging singer, Song Zuying.
Wang was sacked as he went to see the show during work hours, Shanghai Daily quoted Beijing News as reporting.
An official said that Wang`s behaviour had embarrassed everyone.
Song had initially planned to sing three songs, but she only sang two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday