Chinese official sacked for hugging singer
Shanghai: A government official was sacked in China for hugging a singer during her performance that he went to see during office hours.
The incident took place on June 21 in Henan province where Wang Liuju was detained for five days for clambering on to the stage and hugging singer, Song Zuying.
Wang was sacked as he went to see the show during work hours, Shanghai Daily quoted Beijing News as reporting.
An official said that Wang`s behaviour had embarrassed everyone.
Song had initially planned to sing three songs, but she only sang two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees