Chinese official sacked for hugging singer
Shanghai: A government official was sacked in China for hugging a singer during her performance that he went to see during office hours.
The incident took place on June 21 in Henan province where Wang Liuju was detained for five days for clambering on to the stage and hugging singer, Song Zuying.
Wang was sacked as he went to see the show during work hours, Shanghai Daily quoted Beijing News as reporting.
An official said that Wang`s behaviour had embarrassed everyone.
Song had initially planned to sing three songs, but she only sang two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan