Chinese official sacked for hugging singer
Shanghai: A government official was sacked in China for hugging a singer during her performance that he went to see during office hours.
The incident took place on June 21 in Henan province where Wang Liuju was detained for five days for clambering on to the stage and hugging singer, Song Zuying.
Wang was sacked as he went to see the show during work hours, Shanghai Daily quoted Beijing News as reporting.
An official said that Wang`s behaviour had embarrassed everyone.
Song had initially planned to sing three songs, but she only sang two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre