Chinese official sacked over extramarital affair
Beijing: A Chinese Communist Party official has been sacked from his post for an alleged extramarital affair that was exposed online, authorities said today.
Wu Kaifeng, a member of the Standing Committee of the municipal party committee and secretary-general of Wenzhou in Zhejiang Province, received the punishment for violating party discipline.
A post on China`s Twitter-like Sina Weibo detailing Wu`s extramarital relationship with a woman went viral at the end of March.
The party`s disciplinary watchdog will investigate the case, they said. He is one of several officials who faced such allegations in the recent past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India