Chinese official sacked over extramarital affair
Beijing: A Chinese Communist Party official has been sacked from his post for an alleged extramarital affair that was exposed online, authorities said today.
Wu Kaifeng, a member of the Standing Committee of the municipal party committee and secretary-general of Wenzhou in Zhejiang Province, received the punishment for violating party discipline.
A post on China`s Twitter-like Sina Weibo detailing Wu`s extramarital relationship with a woman went viral at the end of March.
The party`s disciplinary watchdog will investigate the case, they said. He is one of several officials who faced such allegations in the recent past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised