Chinese official sacked over extramarital affair
Beijing: A Chinese Communist Party official has been sacked from his post for an alleged extramarital affair that was exposed online, authorities said today.
Wu Kaifeng, a member of the Standing Committee of the municipal party committee and secretary-general of Wenzhou in Zhejiang Province, received the punishment for violating party discipline.
A post on China`s Twitter-like Sina Weibo detailing Wu`s extramarital relationship with a woman went viral at the end of March.
The party`s disciplinary watchdog will investigate the case, they said. He is one of several officials who faced such allegations in the recent past.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on