Chinese official sacked over extramarital affair
Beijing: A Chinese Communist Party official has been sacked from his post for an alleged extramarital affair that was exposed online, authorities said today.
Wu Kaifeng, a member of the Standing Committee of the municipal party committee and secretary-general of Wenzhou in Zhejiang Province, received the punishment for violating party discipline.
A post on China`s Twitter-like Sina Weibo detailing Wu`s extramarital relationship with a woman went viral at the end of March.
The party`s disciplinary watchdog will investigate the case, they said. He is one of several officials who faced such allegations in the recent past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown