Chinese official sentenced to 4 years for molesting three boys
Beijing: A former Chinese official was on Friday sentenced to four years in jail for sexually abusing three minor boys, state media reported.
The District People`s Court in Guangdong Province convicted Li Jun, a former official of the Guangzhou Civil Affairs Bureau, of molesting three boys under 14 years of age on multiple occasions between September 2011 and June 2012.
44-year-old Li got to know the boys by chatting with them online. He subsequently invited them to his home by promising them money or other rewards, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Li was in charge of the bureau`s civil organisation administration department before he was detained in July last year, the report said.
The case is the latest in a string of child molestation cases that have popped up across China in recent weeks.
David McMahon, a US teacher who worked in Shanghai, was arrested yesterday over allegations that he molested six children aged 6 to 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly