Chinese official sentenced to 4 years for molesting three boys
Beijing: A former Chinese official was on Friday sentenced to four years in jail for sexually abusing three minor boys, state media reported.
The District People`s Court in Guangdong Province convicted Li Jun, a former official of the Guangzhou Civil Affairs Bureau, of molesting three boys under 14 years of age on multiple occasions between September 2011 and June 2012.
44-year-old Li got to know the boys by chatting with them online. He subsequently invited them to his home by promising them money or other rewards, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Li was in charge of the bureau`s civil organisation administration department before he was detained in July last year, the report said.
The case is the latest in a string of child molestation cases that have popped up across China in recent weeks.
David McMahon, a US teacher who worked in Shanghai, was arrested yesterday over allegations that he molested six children aged 6 to 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire