Chinese official sentenced to 4 years for molesting three boys
Beijing: A former Chinese official was on Friday sentenced to four years in jail for sexually abusing three minor boys, state media reported.
The District People`s Court in Guangdong Province convicted Li Jun, a former official of the Guangzhou Civil Affairs Bureau, of molesting three boys under 14 years of age on multiple occasions between September 2011 and June 2012.
44-year-old Li got to know the boys by chatting with them online. He subsequently invited them to his home by promising them money or other rewards, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Li was in charge of the bureau`s civil organisation administration department before he was detained in July last year, the report said.
The case is the latest in a string of child molestation cases that have popped up across China in recent weeks.
David McMahon, a US teacher who worked in Shanghai, was arrested yesterday over allegations that he molested six children aged 6 to 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series
- Major success! Army busts new terror outfit 'Helem Tiger Force' in Assam's Kokrajhar
- ICC likely to make 12-team main draw in 2018 World T20