Chinese officials suspended over prostitution scandal
Shanghai: Four court officials in Shanghai have been suspended from their posts amid an investigation into their alleged hiring of prostitutes at a nightclub, authorities said.
The four include Chen Xueming, chief of the No. 1 civil court of the Shanghai Higher People`s Court, Xinhua reported Sunday.
The investigation was launched after a netizen released video footage that allegedly shows the officials soliciting prostitutes at the Hengshan Resort in Shanghai June 9 night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India