Chinese officials suspended over prostitution scandal
Shanghai: Four court officials in Shanghai have been suspended from their posts amid an investigation into their alleged hiring of prostitutes at a nightclub, authorities said.
The four include Chen Xueming, chief of the No. 1 civil court of the Shanghai Higher People`s Court, Xinhua reported Sunday.
The investigation was launched after a netizen released video footage that allegedly shows the officials soliciting prostitutes at the Hengshan Resort in Shanghai June 9 night.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know