Chinese Parl finalises names of new President, Premier
Beijing: China`s Parliament on Wednesday finalised the names of the country`s new President, Premier and other ministers, who will succeed the administration headed by Hu Jintao.
A name list of candidates for China`s top leaders, including top lawmaker and state President, was finalised for voting tomorrow in the 3,000-strong National People`s Congress (NPC).
It is a foregone conclusion that China`s rubber stamp parliament will elect the new General Secretary of the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC) Xi Jinping, 59, as President. He has already taken over as military chief succeeding Hu.
The number two leader, 57-year-old Li Keqiang will take over as Premier succeeding Wen Jiabao.
The presidium NPC adopted by voting the final list of candidates for chairman, vice-chairpersons, secretary-general and members of the NPC Standing Committee, president and vice-president of the state, and chairman of the Central Military Commission, state-run Xinhua news agency reported quoting a statement.
The list, which was proposed at yesterday`s third presidium meeting and distributed to all delegations for discussion, will be put on voting at a plenary meeting of the NPC session, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid