Chinese PM Wen Jiabao meets Barack Obama
Phnom Penh: Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao met US President Barack Obama Tuesday on the sidelines of the seventh East Asia Summit in Cambodia.
Wen said the China-US relations are now one of the world`s most important bilateral ties and their steady development is conducive to global peace, stability and prosperity.
He expressed hope that the two nations will deliver a positive message to the world.
He stressed on promoting partnership based on mutual respect and consolidating bilateral mechanisms like the strategic security and economic dialogue, Xinhua reported.
The two countries should also show the world they would continuously strengthen economic cooperation, and settle differences through cooperation and communication, Wen said.
Obama said he is committed to working with China as US-China cooperation is of vital importance to the security and prosperity of the Asia-Pacific region and the world.
He said the world`s two largest economies shoulder special responsibilities and play a leading role in promoting sustainable development in Asia and the world.
It is very important for the leaders of the two countries to maintain contact and communication on global and regional issues of common concern, Obama said.
Leaders of 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) plus Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Russia and the US are meeting here in the East Asia Summit Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'