Chinese PM Wen Jiabao meets Barack Obama
Phnom Penh: Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao met US President Barack Obama Tuesday on the sidelines of the seventh East Asia Summit in Cambodia.
Wen said the China-US relations are now one of the world`s most important bilateral ties and their steady development is conducive to global peace, stability and prosperity.
He expressed hope that the two nations will deliver a positive message to the world.
He stressed on promoting partnership based on mutual respect and consolidating bilateral mechanisms like the strategic security and economic dialogue, Xinhua reported.
The two countries should also show the world they would continuously strengthen economic cooperation, and settle differences through cooperation and communication, Wen said.
Obama said he is committed to working with China as US-China cooperation is of vital importance to the security and prosperity of the Asia-Pacific region and the world.
He said the world`s two largest economies shoulder special responsibilities and play a leading role in promoting sustainable development in Asia and the world.
It is very important for the leaders of the two countries to maintain contact and communication on global and regional issues of common concern, Obama said.
Leaders of 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) plus Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Russia and the US are meeting here in the East Asia Summit Tuesday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!