Chinese police officer who owns 192 houses sacked
Beijing: Authorities in south China`s Guangdong province have sacked a senior policeman who allegedly owns a staggering 192 houses.
Zhao Haibin, member of the the Communist Party of China (CPC) committee of Lufeng City`s Public Security Bureau, was dismissed Tuesday, an official told Xinhua.
An investigation team was established to carry out a thorough probe, said the official.
Zhao has denied he had 192 houses as reported by whistle-blowers.
He said these properties had been jointly developed by his brother and others, and all had later been sold out. Zhao claimed he was just a "supervisor" of the properties.
A string of officials have been targeted with the exposure of their scandals by whistle-blowers since last year as the ruling party vows to continue fighting corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE