‘Chinese population ageing and expanding rapidly’
Beijing: The head of China`s National Bureau of Statistics, has said that the country’s aging population is rising, while the birth rate remains low.
Ma Jiantang said Thursday that the latest census also found the proportion of Chinese people aged 60 or older took up 13.26 percent of the total, 2.93 percentage points higher than that in the 2000 census.
Ma also said that 16.6 percent of the country`s population was aged 14 or younger. The figure was 6.29 percentage points lower than that in the 2000 census.
total population hit 1.3397 billion in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof