Chinese President gets a new title - Microblogger
London: Chinese President Hu Jintao has become a registered microblogger on a Chinese-language site owned by People`s Daily, a media report said on Monday.
It carried a profile that said: General Secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, Chinese President and Chairman of the Central Military Commission.
The identity of the microblog account holder on t.people.com.cn was confirmed by the website`s receptionist service system on Sunday as belonging to the president of China, Global Times reported on its website.
By 6 pm on Sunday, more than 7,000 people were followers of the account @Hujintao in Chinese characters, which is similar to the Twitter blog.
Updates of the account will be delivered to followers via a browsing page, using Windows Messenger services or the Google G-talks.
On the blog, which was unveiled by People`s Daily on February 01, more than 500 bloggers posted comments to Hu`s account.
A blogger named Shao Mingbo wrote: "I will keep awake tonight to see who can be the first lucky follower of the account."
An hour later, a blogger named "feiquanmingqin" was hailed as the first follower of President Hu`s microblog.
The person wrote: "Calm down, calm down” in response to other blogger`s congratulations. Some bloggers even took the chance to send New Year wishes to Hu.
Blogger "dothink" wrote: "I wish President Hu a happy New Year."
A blogger named Jiubai wrote: "I come here to follow President Hu."
On June 20, 2008, President Hu talked to Net users via the People`s Daily online forum, the first time that China`s top leaders have conducted direct online communications with Web users.
Some users described Hu as "our netizen friend Hu Jintao”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months