Chinese President Hu to attend Toronto G-20 summit
Beijing: Chinese President Hu Jintao will
pay a state visit to Canada from June 23-27 and attend the
fourth G20 summit to be held in Toronto.
Hu has been invited by the Canadian Governor-General
Michaelle Jean and Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Chinese
Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang said here today.
He said China`s expectations of G-20 summit included,
enhancement communication and coordination between the member
countries on the macro-economic policies to deal with
situation arising out of Greek debt crisis.
China also expects the G20 summit to push the
International Monetary Fund (IMF) to finish its quota reform
to give more representation and voice to emerging markets and
developing countries and hopes that the Toronto summit will
improve the international financial system and deepen the
reform of international supervision system.
China also hopes the summit will pay more attention to
development problems and provide political support to the
United Nation`s high-level meeting on Millennium Development
Goals in September this year and it will condemn trade
protectionism and promote the completion of the Doha round, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof