Chinese robbers flee with $160,000 jewellery in fog
Beijing: Two people managed to flee with nearly 1 million yuan (over $160,000) of jewellery under the cover of morning fog after robbing a shop in China`s Anhui province.
The incident occurred Saturday at 7.50 a.m., when workers at an outlet of Laofengxiang Jewellery in Feidong county were preparing to open for the day. The two robbers broke into the store, smashed five counters with hammers and made off with jewellery, China Daily reported Monday.
A saleswoman at the store said most of the stolen jewellery was gold necklaces. She estimated the loss to be about 1 million yuan ($160,900).
Though they were chased by a nearly shopkeeper man and engaged in brief scuffle, but he soon lost sight of them in the day`s thick fog.
Han Dongya, deputy mayor of Feidong county, confirmed that the robbers had escaped by the time the police could reach the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India