Chinese robbers flee with $160,000 jewellery in fog
Beijing: Two people managed to flee with nearly 1 million yuan (over $160,000) of jewellery under the cover of morning fog after robbing a shop in China`s Anhui province.
The incident occurred Saturday at 7.50 a.m., when workers at an outlet of Laofengxiang Jewellery in Feidong county were preparing to open for the day. The two robbers broke into the store, smashed five counters with hammers and made off with jewellery, China Daily reported Monday.
A saleswoman at the store said most of the stolen jewellery was gold necklaces. She estimated the loss to be about 1 million yuan ($160,900).
Though they were chased by a nearly shopkeeper man and engaged in brief scuffle, but he soon lost sight of them in the day`s thick fog.
Han Dongya, deputy mayor of Feidong county, confirmed that the robbers had escaped by the time the police could reach the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials