Chinese robbers flee with $160,000 jewellery in fog
Beijing: Two people managed to flee with nearly 1 million yuan (over $160,000) of jewellery under the cover of morning fog after robbing a shop in China`s Anhui province.
The incident occurred Saturday at 7.50 a.m., when workers at an outlet of Laofengxiang Jewellery in Feidong county were preparing to open for the day. The two robbers broke into the store, smashed five counters with hammers and made off with jewellery, China Daily reported Monday.
A saleswoman at the store said most of the stolen jewellery was gold necklaces. She estimated the loss to be about 1 million yuan ($160,900).
Though they were chased by a nearly shopkeeper man and engaged in brief scuffle, but he soon lost sight of them in the day`s thick fog.
Han Dongya, deputy mayor of Feidong county, confirmed that the robbers had escaped by the time the police could reach the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Narendra Modi's big plan for PoK refugees in India – A Rs 2,000 crore package
- Kerala train derail: Services resume in Ernakulam-Thrissur route
- Meet Lachlan Smart – The Aussie teen who becomes youngest pilot to fly solo around the world!
- Suicide bombing kills 11 at Yemen army camp: Officials
- iBerry launches 'India's first 4GB Ram unibody smartphone' at Rs 15,990