Chinese school attacker suffers from mental illnes: Officials
Beijing: A Chinese man who injured 23 school children with a knife in central China last month suffered from a mental disorder, prosecutors said Monday.
Results of the appraisal made by the Wuhan Psychiatric Hospital in Hubei Province confirmed Min Yongjun, the 36-year-old resident of Guangshan County had a mental disorder, Procuratorate officials told state-run Xinhua news agency.
On December 14, Min burst into the home of an elderly woman and stabbed her with a kitchen knife. He then went to Chenpeng Village Elementary School and stabbed 23 students as they arrived for class.
Min was arrested on a charge of jeopardising public security two days after the attack.
Penalties for suspects who suffer mental disease might be lightened under China`s criminal law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III