Chinese school attacker suffers from mental illnes: Officials
Beijing: A Chinese man who injured 23 school children with a knife in central China last month suffered from a mental disorder, prosecutors said Monday.
Results of the appraisal made by the Wuhan Psychiatric Hospital in Hubei Province confirmed Min Yongjun, the 36-year-old resident of Guangshan County had a mental disorder, Procuratorate officials told state-run Xinhua news agency.
On December 14, Min burst into the home of an elderly woman and stabbed her with a kitchen knife. He then went to Chenpeng Village Elementary School and stabbed 23 students as they arrived for class.
Min was arrested on a charge of jeopardising public security two days after the attack.
Penalties for suspects who suffer mental disease might be lightened under China`s criminal law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Revealed! How Diana Penty prepped up for her character in 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' – Details inside
- No more surge pricing for Ola, Uber, others; all taxis to charge govt-set fares in Delhi from today
- Flood situation remains grim in UP, MP and Bihar; Ganga flowing above danger mark
- Grand welcome back home: PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand thank Telangana government for wonderful reception
- Imtiaz Ali permitted Shah Rukh Khan to upload this picture from the sets of 'The Ring'! – View inside