Chinese school attacker suffers from mental illnes: Officials
Beijing: A Chinese man who injured 23 school children with a knife in central China last month suffered from a mental disorder, prosecutors said Monday.
Results of the appraisal made by the Wuhan Psychiatric Hospital in Hubei Province confirmed Min Yongjun, the 36-year-old resident of Guangshan County had a mental disorder, Procuratorate officials told state-run Xinhua news agency.
On December 14, Min burst into the home of an elderly woman and stabbed her with a kitchen knife. He then went to Chenpeng Village Elementary School and stabbed 23 students as they arrived for class.
Min was arrested on a charge of jeopardising public security two days after the attack.
Penalties for suspects who suffer mental disease might be lightened under China`s criminal law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?