Chinese scientist goes missing in Xinjiang
Beijing: A young Chinese scientist went missing on a glacier in north-west Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, the Chinese Academy of Sciences said on Friday.
Lin Shubiao, 29, had reportedly gone missing on July 28 while he was leading a team that was building an automatic weather station on a glacier of Mount Muztagata, the academy officials said.
No information about the scientist has been received so far, they said, adding that a 29-member rescue team, including 10 professional climbers, failed to find Lin after searching for seven and a half days.
Lin is the deputy director of an observation station on the mountain for the Institute of Tibetan Plateau Research, which is part of the academy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report