Chinese scientist goes missing in Xinjiang
Beijing: A young Chinese scientist went missing on a glacier in north-west Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, the Chinese Academy of Sciences said on Friday.
Lin Shubiao, 29, had reportedly gone missing on July 28 while he was leading a team that was building an automatic weather station on a glacier of Mount Muztagata, the academy officials said.
No information about the scientist has been received so far, they said, adding that a 29-member rescue team, including 10 professional climbers, failed to find Lin after searching for seven and a half days.
Lin is the deputy director of an observation station on the mountain for the Institute of Tibetan Plateau Research, which is part of the academy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Pakistan needs to actively pursue terrorist organisations using their soil, says US
- PSEB 10th result 2016: Tarn Taran girl Simrandeep Kaur tops Punjab School Education Board 10th result with 99.08%
- Check Biharboard.bih.nic.in & Biharboard.ac.in for BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12th XII Intermediate Arts Result 2016 to be announced today - just an hour to go
- When Rajiv Gandhi explained features of a new Indian Navy ship to his parents-in-law
- Congolese's murder: VK Singh deputed to allay African envoys' concerns