Chinese serial killer shot dead
Beijing: A fugitive gunman who is suspected of killing nine in armed robberies since 2004 was shot dead Tuesday in southwest China`s Chongqing area, police said.
Zhou, described as "ruthless and highly dangerous" by China`s authorities, has become infamous for robbing people withdrawing money from banks and repeatedly dodging police manhunts, reported Xinhua.
Officials said the wanted suspect shot nine people dead and injured five over the past eight years. The latest victim was a Chongqing police officer who was trying to stop and question Zhou before he was shot over the weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video