Chinese serial killer shot dead
Beijing: A fugitive gunman who is suspected of killing nine in armed robberies since 2004 was shot dead Tuesday in southwest China`s Chongqing area, police said.
Zhou, described as "ruthless and highly dangerous" by China`s authorities, has become infamous for robbing people withdrawing money from banks and repeatedly dodging police manhunts, reported Xinhua.
Officials said the wanted suspect shot nine people dead and injured five over the past eight years. The latest victim was a Chongqing police officer who was trying to stop and question Zhou before he was shot over the weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez