Chinese ship to rescue 27 stranded in rough seas
Beijing: High waves caused by strong winds have stranded twenty four tourists and three crew members on board a fishing boat near Xisha Islands in one of the Chinese controlled islands of South China Sea.
China Yuzheng-306 ship has departed from the Qingland port, Wenchang city, for the rescue of the stranded people, local maritime authorities said today.
A rescue ship sent by the Nanhai Rescue Bureau will also join the rescue efforts, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Zhang Jie, deputy head of Hainan Maritime Safety Administration, said that the Sanya city maritime salvage and rescue center received a report of the stranded people last night.
They were aboard the fishing boat "Qionglingao 113098" stranded near Yongle islands.
They are not facing life-threatening risks, Zhang said.
"Qionglingao 113098" fishing boat, with 24 tourists aboard departed Sanya, Hainan Province, on January 2 and arrived at Yongle islands the next day. But gales and high waves forced the boat to drop anchor nearby to wait for rescue when it started journey back on January 5.
A law enforcement vessel of the maritime police of Sansha city reached the stranded boat yesterday and provided fresh water and fuel.
But bad maritime conditions dampened maritime police`s attempt to help them out, the report said.
Xisha islands also called Paracel islands are also claimed by Vietnam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’