Chinese ship to rescue 27 stranded in rough seas
Beijing: High waves caused by strong winds have stranded twenty four tourists and three crew members on board a fishing boat near Xisha Islands in one of the Chinese controlled islands of South China Sea.
China Yuzheng-306 ship has departed from the Qingland port, Wenchang city, for the rescue of the stranded people, local maritime authorities said today.
A rescue ship sent by the Nanhai Rescue Bureau will also join the rescue efforts, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Zhang Jie, deputy head of Hainan Maritime Safety Administration, said that the Sanya city maritime salvage and rescue center received a report of the stranded people last night.
They were aboard the fishing boat "Qionglingao 113098" stranded near Yongle islands.
They are not facing life-threatening risks, Zhang said.
"Qionglingao 113098" fishing boat, with 24 tourists aboard departed Sanya, Hainan Province, on January 2 and arrived at Yongle islands the next day. But gales and high waves forced the boat to drop anchor nearby to wait for rescue when it started journey back on January 5.
A law enforcement vessel of the maritime police of Sansha city reached the stranded boat yesterday and provided fresh water and fuel.
But bad maritime conditions dampened maritime police`s attempt to help them out, the report said.
Xisha islands also called Paracel islands are also claimed by Vietnam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter