Chinese ships in disputed waters: Japan
Tokyo: Two Chinese government ships sailed into the waters of disputed Tokyo-controlled islands on Saturday, Japan`s coastguard said.
The surveillance ships entered the 12-nautical-mile zone around the Senkakus, which Beijing claims and calls the Diaoyus, shortly before 1:00 pm (0400 GMT), the coastguard said.
Chinese government ships have frequently spent time around the disputed island chain since Tokyo nationalised three of the islands last September.
The islands are also claimed by Taiwan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Libya parliament rejects UN-backed unity government
- Ind vs WI: Day 5 washed out, Virat Kohli & co win series 2-0 but lose top ranking
- John Kerry urges deployment of South Sudan protection force
- BSF troops deployed in J&K after 12 years
- Authorities initiate action to evict Payal Abdullah from J&K govt bungalow in Delhi