Chinese ships in disputed waters: Japan
Tokyo: Two Chinese government ships sailed into the waters of disputed Tokyo-controlled islands on Saturday, Japan`s coastguard said.
The surveillance ships entered the 12-nautical-mile zone around the Senkakus, which Beijing claims and calls the Diaoyus, shortly before 1:00 pm (0400 GMT), the coastguard said.
Chinese government ships have frequently spent time around the disputed island chain since Tokyo nationalised three of the islands last September.
The islands are also claimed by Taiwan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city