Chinese ships in disputed waters: Japan
Tokyo: Two Chinese government ships sailed into the waters of disputed Tokyo-controlled islands on Saturday, Japan`s coastguard said.
The surveillance ships entered the 12-nautical-mile zone around the Senkakus, which Beijing claims and calls the Diaoyus, shortly before 1:00 pm (0400 GMT), the coastguard said.
Chinese government ships have frequently spent time around the disputed island chain since Tokyo nationalised three of the islands last September.
The islands are also claimed by Taiwan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review