Chinese terror groups using internet to plan attacks
Beijing: Terrorist groups are using internet to recruit people, raise funds and plan attacks in China, the State Internet Information Office (SIIO) said Tuesday.
"Terrorists have turned the internet into a principal tool for their operations," Xinhua quoted an SIIO official as saying.
The official said that the groups have sought to "spread terrorism and violent beliefs and teach terrorist skills online", and added that such actions must be struck down immediately.
China launched a campaign Friday to rid the internet of audio and video materials that promote terrorism and violence.
The campaign is aimed at safeguarding social stability, especially in China`s northwest Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region and promote long-term peace, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown