Chinese terror groups using internet to plan attacks
Beijing: Terrorist groups are using internet to recruit people, raise funds and plan attacks in China, the State Internet Information Office (SIIO) said Tuesday.
"Terrorists have turned the internet into a principal tool for their operations," Xinhua quoted an SIIO official as saying.
The official said that the groups have sought to "spread terrorism and violent beliefs and teach terrorist skills online", and added that such actions must be struck down immediately.
China launched a campaign Friday to rid the internet of audio and video materials that promote terrorism and violence.
The campaign is aimed at safeguarding social stability, especially in China`s northwest Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region and promote long-term peace, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai