Chinese terror groups using internet to plan attacks
Beijing: Terrorist groups are using internet to recruit people, raise funds and plan attacks in China, the State Internet Information Office (SIIO) said Tuesday.
"Terrorists have turned the internet into a principal tool for their operations," Xinhua quoted an SIIO official as saying.
The official said that the groups have sought to "spread terrorism and violent beliefs and teach terrorist skills online", and added that such actions must be struck down immediately.
China launched a campaign Friday to rid the internet of audio and video materials that promote terrorism and violence.
The campaign is aimed at safeguarding social stability, especially in China`s northwest Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region and promote long-term peace, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites