Chinese terror groups using internet to plan attacks
Beijing: Terrorist groups are using internet to recruit people, raise funds and plan attacks in China, the State Internet Information Office (SIIO) said Tuesday.
"Terrorists have turned the internet into a principal tool for their operations," Xinhua quoted an SIIO official as saying.
The official said that the groups have sought to "spread terrorism and violent beliefs and teach terrorist skills online", and added that such actions must be struck down immediately.
China launched a campaign Friday to rid the internet of audio and video materials that promote terrorism and violence.
The campaign is aimed at safeguarding social stability, especially in China`s northwest Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region and promote long-term peace, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’