Chinese tycoon to buy James Bond yachts maker
London: A UK company that makes James Bond`s yachts is to sell for 320 million pounds to a Chinese billionaire.
Wang Jianlin is buying Sunseeker yachts, and said that all 2,300 jobs in the company were safe.
According to the Independent, Jianlin is one of the world`s richest men with an estimated six billion pounds fortune from karaoke centres, department stores and cinema complexes.
Sunseeker yachts featured in four Bond films, Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace with Daniel Craig as 007, plus The World is Not Enough and Die Another Day.
Managing director Stewart McIntyre said production would increase from 180 yachts a year to around 370.
Wanda is also the world’s largest cinema operator and is rumoured to want to buy the UK`s Odeon chain, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr