Chinese UN military observers return from Syria
Beijing: The last four Chinese UN military observers finished their mission in Syria and returned to Beijing Saturday.
The observers were among the last UN military observers in the country after the UN Security Council ended its 120-day observer mission there Aug 19, reported Xinhua.
A total of nine Chinese officers worked on the UN observer mission and the other five had returned to China in July.
On Aug 17, the Security Council agreed to replace the observer mission in Syria with a small civilian liaison office in Damascus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani