Chinese UN military observers return from Syria
Beijing: The last four Chinese UN military observers finished their mission in Syria and returned to Beijing Saturday.
The observers were among the last UN military observers in the country after the UN Security Council ended its 120-day observer mission there Aug 19, reported Xinhua.
A total of nine Chinese officers worked on the UN observer mission and the other five had returned to China in July.
On Aug 17, the Security Council agreed to replace the observer mission in Syria with a small civilian liaison office in Damascus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players