Chinese vessels exit disputed islands: Japan
Naha: Three Chinese fishing patrol ships that had made an unauthorised entry into Japanese waters have on Thursday left the country`s contiguous zone around the disputed Senkaku Islands in the East China Sea, according to the Japan Coast Guard.
The Chinese fishing patrol ship "Yuzheng 204”, which had made the unauthorised entry yesterday, was the last of the three to leave the contiguous zone near Japan`s territorial waters, in which the Japanese law applies, at 5:10 AM (local time) today and sailed away from the Senkaku Islands, according to the 11th Regional Coast Guard Headquarters based in Okinawa Prefecture.
The "Yuzheng 202" Chinese vessel had already exited the zone last night, followed by the "Yuzheng 35001" at around 4:40 AM today, it said.
The incident had prompted Tokyo to lodge a strong protest with Beijing as the Japan-controlled Senkaku Islands, which are said to be close to oil fields, are also claimed by China.
After the three Chinese boats entered Japan`s waters around the Senkakus around 4:30 AM yesterday, they had been sailing in and out of the contiguous zone, according to the coast guard.
Yesterday, a Japanese Coast Guard vessel in the vicinity urged the Chinese ships to leave Japanese waters and the Chinese ships responded that they were conducting a "lawful act" within Chinese waters and urged the Japanese vessel to leave.
The Senkakus, which are called Diaoyu in China and Tiaoyutai in Taiwan, are a group of uninhabited islets that are administered by Japan as part of the city of Ishigaki, Okinawa Prefecture. (Kyodo)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister