Chinese vessels exit disputed islands: Japan
Naha: Three Chinese fishing patrol ships that had made an unauthorised entry into Japanese waters have on Thursday left the country`s contiguous zone around the disputed Senkaku Islands in the East China Sea, according to the Japan Coast Guard.
The Chinese fishing patrol ship "Yuzheng 204”, which had made the unauthorised entry yesterday, was the last of the three to leave the contiguous zone near Japan`s territorial waters, in which the Japanese law applies, at 5:10 AM (local time) today and sailed away from the Senkaku Islands, according to the 11th Regional Coast Guard Headquarters based in Okinawa Prefecture.
The "Yuzheng 202" Chinese vessel had already exited the zone last night, followed by the "Yuzheng 35001" at around 4:40 AM today, it said.
The incident had prompted Tokyo to lodge a strong protest with Beijing as the Japan-controlled Senkaku Islands, which are said to be close to oil fields, are also claimed by China.
After the three Chinese boats entered Japan`s waters around the Senkakus around 4:30 AM yesterday, they had been sailing in and out of the contiguous zone, according to the coast guard.
Yesterday, a Japanese Coast Guard vessel in the vicinity urged the Chinese ships to leave Japanese waters and the Chinese ships responded that they were conducting a "lawful act" within Chinese waters and urged the Japanese vessel to leave.
The Senkakus, which are called Diaoyu in China and Tiaoyutai in Taiwan, are a group of uninhabited islets that are administered by Japan as part of the city of Ishigaki, Okinawa Prefecture. (Kyodo)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27